The best food and restaurants for today. Atwater, Hollywood, Silver Lake, Thai Town, Hollywood, New York and wherever my travels take me.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Lou, Hollywood

I finally made it to Lou a few weeks ago. Buddy and I rolled into the parking lot on a Monday night and I was discouraged to see drapes completely blocking the view of the restaurant interior. Thinking the place was closed, I hesitated to give the door a try but lucky for us, a peek through the curtain revealed a cool and darkly subdued dining room, with more than a view people seated and eating. So don't be fooled by the curtain if you go. You can't see a damn thing until you force your way inside.

Lou is about wine and small plates of food. We sampled a rose and the charcuterie and cheese plate, gravlax, frisee salad with goat cheese, heirloom tomato salad and a peach crumble for desert. Everything was good, though I would have liked to see a couple of simple entrees on the menu in addition to the appetizers. I would go back again to sample some more of the wines, perhaps after dining on a proper meal elsewhere in the neighborhood.

Lou
724 N Vine St
(323) 962-6369

No comments: