The best food and restaurants for today. Atwater, Hollywood, Silver Lake, Thai Town, Hollywood, New York and wherever my travels take me.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Malibu Seafood, Malibu

We set out for Malibu on Saturday around 11:30 and made great time heading out the 101 and over the brilliant Kanan Dune Rd with amazing views of the Pacific as we sped down towards PCH. We wanted to eat before hitting the beach and I knew Greg would love Malibu Seafood so we parked across the street and dodged traffic as we ran across the street to wait in line. I ordered the Seafood Combo which is a fried basket of the greatest hits: fish, scallops, oysters, shrimp and fries. All were excellent but I thought the best was the fish which was perfectly moist and flakey. Sara had a fried fish and a fish taco which she loved; Greg had the fried shrimp which he also loved. We had a nice view of the Pacific from our covered picnic table on one of the lower dining patios. I hope to make it out to the 'bu again soon and next time I'm ordering the two-piece fish basket and calling it a day. Oh, the beach was amazing too and I even got in the water for the first time this year. Lovely afternoon.

25653 Pacific Coast Hwy
(one and a half miles north of Pepperdine U.)
310 456 3430

No comments: