The best food and restaurants for today. Atwater, Hollywood, Silver Lake, Thai Town, Hollywood, New York and wherever my travels take me.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Pasita, New York

I had a quick trip to NYC last week so thought I'd do a quick wrap up on some of the food highlights. First off, my friend Steve took me to Pasita, a new Venezuelan-style pizza place and wine bar in the West Village. Pasita specializes in thin-crust pizzas and these didn't disappoint--my prosciutto and arugula pizza was excellent as was Steve's white pizza with artichokes and mushrooms. Jesse's South American-style pizza of shredded beef and manchego may have been my favorite. We also sampled the yucca fries. We'd had so many glasses of the Chilean Carmenere that the owner was nice enough to charge us for a bottle rather than a glass which we learned only when we'd finally stopped drinking and asked for the bill after all the other restaurant patrons had gone home.

Pasita
47 8th Ave (West Village between Horatio Street and W 4th St)
(212) 255-3900

No comments: