The best food and restaurants for today. Atwater, Hollywood, Silver Lake, Thai Town, Hollywood, New York and wherever my travels take me.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Skooby's Hot Dogs, Hollywood and Hermosa Beach



Last Saturday after seeing a great Clap Your Hands Say Yeah show at the Henry Fonda, I was determined to find some food before I made my way home. One of my friends has often described me as resolute, and at least when it comes to food that much is true: I wanted a chili cheese dog and by god I was going to have one. Lucky for me, not only does Skooby's stay open till all hours of the night (3 am on weekends), they make an excellent and dare I say high quality chili dog. Both the dog and bun are custom made for Skooby's and the fries they make are hand-cut--much like the ones at In N Out--and served with a roasted red pepper aioli. Take that, Pinks. My only complaint was that they don't take credit cards and so I had to wander up Hollywood Blvd at 1 am checking various tattoo parlos and bondage gear shops for an ATM. Still, a person could do a lot worse than to end up at Skooby's after a late night out in Hollywood. As for why you'd be out at all in Hermosa Beach, you're on your own.

Skooby's
6654 Hollywood Blvd (@ Cherokee)
Hollywood

and

502 PCH
Hermosa Beach

No comments: